To provide appropriate community infrastructure and housing to the citizens of the Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation (VGFN) and the community of Old Crow.
To provide the best infrastructure and housing facilities possible for the citizens of Old Crow within the available financial resources of the VGFN.
- To provide adequate housing to all citizens based on policies that reflect fairness and equality.
- To provide for the provisions of all public buildings required by the First Nation.
- To maintain all public buildings to current code requirements and safety standards.
- To develop policies and procedures that reflects fairness and equality.
- To encourage home ownership and other arrangements that will provide some certainty to citizens about their accommodations.
- To develop a physical community Land Use Plan that will guide the growth of the village of Old Crow.
- To encourage the development of a Housing Authority/Committee to guide the development of housing policies for the future.
- To plan, locate, develop an administration centre for the village.
If you would like further information please contact us at:
Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation
P.O. Box 94
Old Crow, Yukon
Canada, Y0B 1N0
Tel: (867) 966-3261
Fax: (867) 966-3800